Although the official site has announced Sony PlayStation 4 can support MP4 files, you still find some MP4 files fail to play on the device. That's because it only supports an MP4 file with the video codec of MPEG-4 AVC H.264 and MPEG-4. However, different MP4 files tends to have different video codecs and the codecs which might not be compatible with the console. To play those incompatible MP4 files on PS4, the easy solution is to convert MP4 to PS4's supported formats, and then transfer the converted files via USB.
To finish the task, you can adopt Dimo Video Converter Ultimate. It can help you convert MP4 into the supported formats of PS4. Other format videos like MKV, VOB, FLV, MOV, F4V, MXF, AVCHD, MTS, ASF, etc. can also be converted with Dimo.
Get the Best MP4 to PS4 Video Converter:
* Fast Conversion with best quality: Flawless conversion of media files with best quality standards within seconds.
* Library of Presets: Flexible & category-wise profiles allows you to switch media files from one file format into another with more than 150 presets including PS4 Pro, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S.
* Offers Core Editing TOOLS: It is equipped with advanced video editing function like extracting audio, cropping video, splitting video, trimming, adjust effects, add watermarks/effects, change bit rate or frame rate etc.
* Export local movies via wifi: One-click to share Videos from computer to iPhone, iPad, Android, TV, etc wirelessly.
* Make ISO files: Turn video folder or Blu-ray to ISO files for backup or playing freely
* Compatible Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, as well as macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion, etc.
For Mac users, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate Mac is also a helpful app to encode MP4 videos to PS4 on Mac for further usage. Just get the right version according to your computer's OS and follow the step-by-step guide below to convert MP4 files to PS4 smoothly.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Win/Mac):
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 140_4-77472903.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... imate/nsyrihrb.html
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mul ... rter-Ultimate.shtml
- windows7download: http://www.windows7download.com/ ... imate/bpphgnww.html
How to convert and stream MP4 to PS4
Step 1. Load MP4 files
First, run this smart MP4 to PS4 video converter and then import your local MP4 files by either clicking "Add file" button in the top-left corner of the interface or drag-and-drop the MP4 files you want from your local directory. It's illustrated in the screenshot below.
Step 2. Select output format
Now click the "Select Format" icon to reveal output panel, then move mouse cursor to "Device > Game" category to Select PS4 as the output format. PS4 won't play MP4 sometimes or there is only video or audio when people play MP4 files in PS4. Why? That's because PS4 only supports this kind of MP4:
- Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
- Audio: AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
Tip: By clicking the Settings icon, you can adjust video and audio parameters like codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, etc., in that way, you can take charge of the size and quality of the output files. In principle, the larger input values, the better output quality, but the corresponding larger file size.
Step 3. Start converting MP4 to PS4
At this point, you can change the output filename or output path if you wish. If you feel satisfied with your options, Just hit the "Start" button to activate MP4 file to PS4 conversion. When all conversions completed, you'll get a pop-up notice. Just click "Open", you can fast find where your converted files are saved. Now you can transfer incompatible MP4 files on PS4 via streaming or the help of a USB storage and enjoy them without any hassles.
How to Transfer videos to PS4 Via USB
First, insert a USB drive into your computer, copy the converted MP4 onto it.
Second, insert the USB drive into USB port of PS4, then go to the main menu, select "Video" and find your USB Drive, select "Display All" to show the video files on the USB drive. Please choose the file that you want to transfer and press the triangle button, choose "Copy" and confirm, the movie will be transferred to your PS4 hard drive, then you can play it.
Sony PS4 is equipped with 4K resolution, eight-core X86 AMD Jaguar CPU, 8GB of GDDR5 memory, built-in 500GB hard disk drive, read only Blu-ray drive and even video streaming function, you can get better enjoyment with the improvement of hardware.
Though the truth that the PS4 will not be able to play 4K Blu-ray movies which may disappoint you, you can still take advantage of Video Converter Ultimate to convert videos and movies you like to play on PS4.
Other possible solutions for PS4 MP4 Playback issues:
1. Make sure your USB storage devices are in FAT and exFAT formats. PS4 doesn't recognize NTFS which means you can't play videos larger than 4GB. So reduce video size or split videos if need be, meanwhile, you have to convert NTFS to FAT32 or exFAT.
2. Create a folder and place all your videos into it when using a USB storage device so that your PS4 system can recognize and read them, otherwise you won't see anything. No specific folder name required for videos, but audio needs to be in a folder named "Music".
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 PCs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; ConvertBlu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
- Best Way to import MKV Files to iMovie for Editing
- Watch Free Kids Movies Online/Offiline
- Top 10 Yoga Songs List and Best Yoga Music Download Tips
- How to Play 3D movies on Google Daydream
- How to Copy DVD to MacBook (Pro/Air) in the Simplest Way
- How can I Upload Spectre DVD to Amazon Cloud
- Create MKV from BDMV folder
- How to import AVI to DaVinci Resolve for editing
- How to Download Videos from YouTube to iPad
- Some MKV Files Not Playing on LG TV